-Why is this so important? If the Heat Pump is incorrectly sized it will not work correctly to heat or cool your room and will cost you a lot more money than it should to run the appliance. Hence why it is so important to be sure your installer head selected a correctly sized unit.
Heat Pump running costs are based on running the unit 7hrs/day, auto fan and on 20-22˚C. These are geographic variables of course.
How a Heat Pump Works
Heat Pumps simply transfer free heat (not air) from one place to another, just like your refrigerator does. The heat that rises from the back of your fridge is coming from inside. An evaporator coil extracts warmth from the air inside, and transfers it out into your kitchen through the condenser coil in the back.
Heat Pumps work in the same way. Two coils, one inside your home, and one outside linked to draw warmth from the outside air (even on a cold Kiwi winter’s night) and transfer it into your home.
That’s a major advantage over electrics or gas heaters as heat pumps have no heating elements to burn energy.
Then, at the click of a switch your heat pump can run in reverse, acting as an air conditioner to pump heat out of your home reducing humidity and keeping it fresh and cool in summer.
How to Choose a Heat Pump
It is important to get it right the first time
It isn’t difficult to choose the style you like, but it is very important that you choose the correctly sized heat pump for your needs.
That’s why Fujitsu have developed the Comfort Selector®. Using the Comfort Selector® is the most efficient way to make sure you have the perfectly sized heat pump for your home. That’s the reason why only Fujitsu can guarantee the performance of the selected heat pump in your home. In writing.
Choosing the right installer is very important. Unfortunately, poor installation is not uncommon, and it can affect performance and efficiency of your heat pump. So we strongly advise that you choose an accredited heat pump installer – that way you can be sure they have the skill, expertise and professionalism needed to give you years of efficient, worry-free heating.
1. Choose the type of heat pump for your needs
2. Decide which area of your home you want heated
3. Make sure you choose the right size heater
4. Request your free in-home or on-site consultation
5. Ask about our Comfort Selector™
Which Heat Pump Suits Your Needs
Heat Pump technology is so advanced these days, that choosing the best type to suit your needs can be confusing. First of all, you need to consider how many rooms you want heated. You can buy a single pump to heat a single area or room, a multi-system to heat 2, 3 or 4 areas, or a fully ducted system if you wish to heat your whole home.
All modern heat pumps are split systems. That means they have an outdoor unit which contains the compressor, and an outdoor unit which contains the fan that circulates the warm air (or cooled air in the summer) in your home. These units are designed to be discreet both in appearance and operation.
Secondly, you choose the type and model that suits you best. Here are the options:
These are the most popular models. These slim, elegant and whisper-quiet indoor units are mounted unobtrusively on a wall. They all offer advanced technology, including remote control, reverse cycle, sleep and digital timer, moisture remover and some also offer additional features. The Fujitsu Premier series offers whisper quiet comfort, advanced Fujitsu energy efficiency, elegant finish, apple catechin filter (to absorb dust, mould spores and harmful micro-organisms), ion deodorising filter to absorb household odours.
Unique to Fujitsu, the Nocria is a breakthrough in Heat Pump technology as well as being able to clean itself. It sits just under the ceiling, offering superb efficiency and a brilliant UV filtration system that is recommended by Asthma New Zealand. The filters not only filter out common allergens that can trigger allergies and asthma, but even drive away bacteria in the air. These models are the ideal choice for high efficiency, high performance and maximum air quality. Plus you’ll never have to clean the filters!
These floor standing models are very compact, with a range of capacities, offering quiet but very powerful operation. These consoles look like a conventional gas or night storage heater. The compact model is only 60cm high and 74cm wide. They are also super quiet and surprisingly efficient, offering you the full range of capacities, with many additional features.
Just one outdoor unit can power up to four indoor units. The highly efficient, quiet way to heat or cool up to four different areas. The indoor unit selections include Hi-Wall, Console, Cassette or Bulkhead models to choose from, making it easier to heat or air condition most homes in New Zealand.
These are the ultimate home improvement. The luxury systems heat or cool your entire home. Air is distributed via insulated ducting connected to ceiling outlets. Ducting is the ultimate invisible solution for year-round comfort.
THE MOST EFFICIENT HOME HEATING AND HOME COOLING SYSTEM…
- A heat pump is a heater, cooler, dehumidifier, an air filter and a circulating fan all in one.
- Heat Pumps are easy to use and exceptionally convenient.
- Cheaper heating/cooling and significantly improved air quality are the two key factors you should associate when thinking about a heat pump.
- Heat Pumps are a year round, true value for money appliance. A heat pump provides home heating, cooling and/or dehumidifying, all in one unit.
- Heat Pumps are the most efficient home heating solution and represent excellent value for money because your investment can be used 12 months of the year.
- Aside from being very economical to run, they are also a highly efficient dehumidifier.
- The inside unit also filters the air. This is an important feature for people who suffer from asthma and allergies. You will be amazed at how much dust is collected in your filters.
- It can also be used as a circulating fan, filtering air and freshening a room at the same time.
- Heat Pumps can quickly bring a room up to temperature and then maintain it.
- It enables you to increase or decrease the temperature of your room, or switch from heating to coding at the push of a button on the remote control.
- If you replace your electric heater with a 5 star heat pump and run it for the same period of time, your cost of heating would be approximately 75% less.
- Safe, clean and comfortable heating.
- With no flames or red hot heating elements there are no concerns about burns or fire.
- They can be left on while you are out, or asleep.
- Heat Pumps don’t create smoke, ashes or any waste material AND they do not burn oxygen.